One Ease-y Sleeve :)

So, I’ve finished the first sleeve on Ease!

Like the rest of the sweater, the sleeves have positive ease and are kind of slouchy and cozy. Sleeves are one of the easiest things to modify, I think, and something I change on just about every garment I make.

I made mine shorter than the pattern calls for, but they’ll still be quite long on my arms. I also opted to knit just a regular ribbed cuff instead of the extra-long foldover cuff shown in the original pattern, both to save yarn (because I’m certain I will use up every inch) and to keep it looking intentionally oversized instead of comically so. (I am 4’11” after all!)

Here’s the finished sleeve!

Ease-Sleeve1

Just one left to go!

Ease-Sleeve2

Ease Progress! And some normal sweater doubts.

So, almost always when I’m knitting something, I’ll have at least one period of doubt about the project.

If it’s a garment, I’ll eventually worry that it won’t fit the way I way hoping it would. Sometimes I second guess a colour choice I’ve made, or a modification I chose. Often my worries are totally irrational, and rationally, I know that the project will very likely end up being great in the end.

Ease-neck1

Sometimes blocking will make all the difference, sometimes I’ll remember that garments will look better on my body when I’m wearing regular clothes (instead of “hanging out at home clothes”… I hope I’m not the only person who has those).

Ease-neck2

Anyway, despite making good progress on my Ease sweater (and therefore making NO progress on the work I’m actually supposed to be doing), I’m feeling a bit worried about it. Irrationally so, of course :)

Ease-rib

Do you ever have mid-project doubts?

Back to (mostly) normal!

My wrists are finally feeling nearly normal, even when I’m knitting! YES. I just didn’t feel like myself when I had to completely abstain!

I’m still trying to limit my knitting time, work in shorter spurts instead of marathon sessions, ice my wrists frequently, and avoid too much mouse or trackpad use. Hopefully I can avoid serious problems in the future!

Today I separated the sleeves from the body on Ease. I also switched to a longer circ just to try the sweater on and make sure the size seemed okay – I think it’s on the right track!

Ease-sleeve sep

My gauge is way off from pattern gauge. I’m still using the recommended needle, 6mm, but I’m getting 5sts/” (horizontally) – even though my swatch was right on pattern gauge! I just worked backwards from my desired bust circumference (37″ for this sweater – so there will be zero ease when it’s finished). 37″*5sts/inch=185sts. Easy! So I just continued the raglan increases until the body stitches were close to 185 (excluding sleeves, of course).

The fabric is coming out so lovely – this yarn is awesome! Looking forward to wearing this already :)